6 Summertime Tips for Elderly Parents
Summertime Tips for Elderly
There is a lot to think about when it comes to caring for an elderly parent, like daily care, hygiene, moving in with you or staying in their own home. But have you ever thought about how to keep your elderly parent or loved one cool in the summer time? There are many ways now that you can keep your family cool in summer. Depending on where you live you can even get creative. Here 6 Summertime Tips for Elderly Parent to keep cool.
Air Conditioning and Other Tips
If your parent lives in a home that has A/C that’s a no brainer. But what if they do not have an air-conditioned living space or your parent still struggles, even with A/C, try these tips for keeping your Mom cool this summer:
- -Wear light cool layers of clothing
- -Get fans to put around the house
- -Eat cool meals
- -Try to keep the stove off as much as possible (especially if it’s gas)
- -Open windows to allow a cross breeze
- -If your parent has A/C and it doesn’t seem like it’s running well, schedule a tune up a couple times a year to keep it running properly.
- BONUS TIP: Keep hydrated! Always keep a water bottle full of cold water to sip on throughout the day!
This is a great opportunity for a care person to help out. Contact us today if we can help you and your family!
Note: This information is general in nature. It should not be construed as professional medical, financial, legal, or tax advice. You should work with your healthcare provider, financial, attorney, or tax professional to determine what will work best for you and your loved one’s situation.